The iOS image in image (PiP) mode is among the greatest new options Apple launched in iPhones. It permits customers to customers to observe movies or FaceTime folks whereas doing different issues on the system.
Again when iOS 14 was nonetheless in beta, all iPhone customers have been in a position to watch YouTube movies in PiP mode (through an internet browser because it’s not obtainable within the YouTube app).
Nevertheless, now, YouTube image in image on iOS can solely be accessed by customers who’ve subscribed to YouTube premium.
Presently, should you open a YouTube video on, for example, Safari and faucet on the PiP button, you will notice the floating window for a second earlier than it disappears.
Right here, I’ll current you 3 ways by means of which you’ll be able to watch YouTube in picture-in-picture on iPhone
How you can Allow iOS Image in Image for YouTube?
Earlier than following the under steps, be sure you have enabled iOS picture-in-picture within the iPhone settings.
Methodology 1. Through PiPifier App
The best approach to run YouTube in picture-in-picture mode on iPhone is through an app. You possibly can obtain the PiPifier app from the App Retailer.
When you’ve downloaded the app, observe the on-screen directions to allow PiP mode on any video in Safari.
Methodology 2. Through YouTube PiP shortcut
That is one other straightforward and quick approach to get YouTube picture-in-picture mode working in iOS. It’s through the use of the YouTube PiP customized shortcut. For this to work, you have to the Shortcuts app and the Scriptable app, each obtainable on the App Retailer.
Here’s what you might want to do subsequent —
- Go to iPhone settings. Scroll down and faucet on Shortcuts and toggle “Permit untrusted Shortcuts.”
- If the choice is unavailable: Open the Shortcuts app, go to Gallery and set up any shortcut.
- Now return to Shortcut app settings and toggle the choice.
- Open the YouTube PiP shortcut link and faucet on “Get shortcut.”
- Scroll down within the Shortcuts app and faucet on “Add Untrusted Shortcut.”
- Pull up a YouTube video. Faucet on the Share button under the video after which faucet on Extra.
- Scroll down and choose the YouTube PiP shortcut.
When you faucet on the shortcut, the YouTube video will begin taking part in within the iOS 14 image in image mode. Right here, you can even set the playback velocity and video decision within the YouTube mini participant.
In the meantime, you can even try our article on find out how to use the water eject shortcut on iPhone utilizing Siri right here!
Methodology 3. Through Stadium Full Display Browser
Alternatively, you’ll be able to watch YouTube movies in iOS’s PiP mode utilizing the Stadium Full Display Browser obtainable on the App Store. Here’s what you might want to do —
- Open the Stadium Full Display Browser and set ““https://m.youtube.com” because the Main URL.
- Copy and paste “Mozilla/5.0 (Android 4.4; Cellular; rv:41.0) Gecko/41.0 Firefox/41.0” within the Person Agent String area.
- Toggle “Require Full Display Video” then faucet on Performed.
- Pull up a YouTube video, make it full display screen and faucet on the image in image button.
Voila! Now you can watch YouTube picture-in-picture on iPhone. Due to DimVl for sharing this different on Reddit.
Which YouTube PiP Mode Is Finest For iPhone?
There are totally different preferences for everybody. The three strategies above are listed from the best to the one which requires you to work a bit.
All 3 strategies work. It’s fully as much as you to make use of any of the above methods to make use of PiP mode.
Which technique did you utilize to allow iOS 14 image in image for YouTube? Let me know within the feedback down under.
However earlier than you go, do try our list of the best iOS 15 privacy features. We’ve additionally executed an in depth iOS vs Android comparison the place the most recent variations of each go neck-and-neck.
YouTube PiP Mode On iPhone Not Working FAQs
Does Image in Image work on YouTube iOS?
Sure, you should utilize the PiP mode on YouTube on iOS 15 utilizing shortcuts or third-party apps.
Is YouTube PiP just for premium?
Sure, the default YouTube PiP is on the market just for premium customers.
Is YouTube PiP free?
No, YouTube PiP on iPhone isn’t free however you should utilize it free of charge by operating YouTube on a browser with third-party PiP apps.