Final month WhatsApp rolled out a function that lets customers transfer chats from iOS to Android. Nonetheless, it didn’t work the opposite approach round. The corporate is lastly engaged on a function that lets customers switch chats from Android to iOS. Customers have been requesting this function for fairly some time now. With this, customers can lastly migrate their chat historical past from their outdated Android telephones to their iPhones.
This course of is prone to work equally from Android to iOS, i.e., connecting each telephones utilizing a USB-C to Lightning cable. As reported by WABetaInfo, evidently the Move to iOS will probably be important for this process. Hopefully, WhatsApp can get this function proper this time. The final time they carried out migration from iOS to Android, the function was only available to Samsung smartphones.
Nonetheless, don’t count on to see this function quickly as it’s nonetheless beneath growth and can solely be accessible in future WhatsApp updates. Beforehand, customers needed to resort to other apps for this migration, however they have been all paid providers. Now, because of Google’s “Knowledge Switch Device,” constructed into Android’s Setup Wizard, migration processes like these are potential. This instrument can copy apps and information from one telephone to a different, even an iPhone.
How do I switch WhatsApp chats from iOS to Android?
Disclaimer: This chat transfer process is barely accessible on iOS and Samsung smartphones for now. The corporate is planning on making it accessible to extra Android units. WhatsApp is even working by itself end-to-end encrypted cloud backup, which can make it even simpler to switch chat from Android to iOS and vice versa.
1. Join your Samsung telephone to your iPhone utilizing a USB-C to Lightning cable (or utilizing any adaptor)
2. Open the Samsung Sensible Swap app and comply with the directions within the app when prompted.
3. Scan the QR code displayed in your new Samsung telephone utilizing your iPhone.
4. Press Begin and wait till the method is full.
5. Comply with the steps in your Samsung telephone to finish the setup.
6. Open WhatsApp, log in with the identical telephone quantity used in your iPhone, and faucet “Import.”