Quick Bytes: The steps to improve to Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus from Ubuntu 15.10 are quite simple. To make issues even easier, fossBytes has ready an final information that can assist you by way of the method and set up the most recent model of this standard open supply working system in your pc.
The launch date of Ubuntu 16.04 is simply across the nook. You might need already read multiple positive points that inform why one ought to improve his/her Linux machine to Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus LTS. There are some discouraging signs for video games with AMD GPUs, however the total characteristic listing makes it one of the best Ubuntu releases within the latest years.
If you’re questioning concerning the set up and learn how to improve your Ubuntu 15.10 system to Ubuntu 16.10, we’re right here that can assist you. Whereas some folks insist on performing a contemporary Ubuntu 16.04 set up, you may positively go for the improve earlier than the ultimate launch and after it.
How To Improve To Ubuntu 16.04 LTS from 15.10?
Earlier than going forward, just be sure you are working a working and up to date model of Ubuntu 15.10 working system in your pc. Having mentioned that, let’s carry out our set up.
It is advisable to put together your system for the improve. Listed here are the steps:
- Open “Software program & Updates” possibility within the System Settings.
- Choose the tab “Updates”.
- Beneath the choice “Set up Updates from”, click on the field subsequent to “Pre-released updates”.
- Right here, set the “Notify me of a brand new Ubuntu model” drop-down menu to “For any new model”
After altering these settings, you’ll want to open Terminal and enter some instructions to carry out the set up.
I’m upgrading to the pre-release builds earlier than the ultimate Ubuntu 16.04 launch — what ought to I do?
Nicely, it must be famous that early builds of an working system should not for everybody. If you’re able to take care of bugs and check options, go for it.
- Use the next command to replace your Ubuntu system. Enter this command and await it to finish:
sudo apt-get replace && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- Now run the Replace Supervisor with by getting into the next command:
sudo update-manager -d
This step ought to open the Replace Supervisor and present you a button to improve to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS from Ubuntu 15.10.
Ubuntu 16.04 closing construct is formally launched — what ought to I do?
On this case, you’ll want to examine for the updates within the Unity Sprint. To do that comply with these easy steps:
- From the Unity Sprint, open the Replace Supervisor and permit it to examine for brand spanking new updates.
- You need to see the improve immediate for the brand new Ubuntu 16.04 launch.
- Now, hit the improve button and comply with the on-screen directions.
Ubuntu 16.04 is launched and I don’t see any replace in Replace Supervisor — what ought to I do?
To resolve this tiny drawback, all you’ll want to do is enter the next command to pressure the replace utilizing the Terminal.
sudo do-release-upgrade -d
Upon getting into this command, you’ll be prompted to kind your password and press ‘y’. Go forward with these steps and improve your Ubuntu 15.10 set up to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Xenial Xerus.
Bonus tutorial: This sixth long-term launch of Ubuntu working system permits you to try the new Unity 8 desktop environment.