Like all OS, Chromebooks obtain safety and weekly/month-to-month updates. Therefore, you have to maintain your gadgets up to date to fight any software program vulnerabilities that could be on the market. If you happen to’re new to Chromebooks, on this article, let’s have a look at the best way to replace your Chromebook.
Earlier than we start, right here’s a fast and fascinating truth. In contrast to Home windows, Chrome OS doesn’t annoy you with replace pop-ups and computerized restarts. If auto-update is enabled, Chrome OS will verify for updates and obtain and set up them the following time you restart. Fairly cool, proper?
Methods to replace a Chromebook
1. Open the app menu by swiping up from the taskbar twice.
2. Discover and click on on the gear icon to open the Settings app.
3. Click on on “About ChromeOS.”
4. Click on the “Verify for updates” button to see if an replace is out there.
5. The replace ought to begin downloading robotically. Ultimately, you’ll be requested to restart your Chromebook.
When will the help finish for my Chromebook?
In accordance with Google’s up to date coverage, Chromebooks launched in and after 2020 will obtain eight years of main and safety updates. Nevertheless, should you’re uncertain when your Chromebook was launched, you possibly can verify the replace schedule by going to About ChromeOS > Further Particulars. Right here’s what it is going to appear to be.
Methods to shift to Beta/Dev channel from Secure
1. Go to About ChromeOS > Further Particulars.
2. Click on on “Change channel.”
3. Choose Beta or Dev to start out receiving updates within the respective channels.
Do not forget that Beta and Dev channels may very well be unstable, and you might not have the most effective expertise switching to them. Therefore, we suggest staying within the Secure channel. Additionally, switching from the Beta/Dev channel to Secure will Powerwash your Chromebook.
And that’s the whole lot you’ll must learn about updating your Chromebook. Have you ever obtained any questions? Ensure to go away them within the remark part beneath.