Chromium is Google’s open-source net browser codebase that the majority widespread browsers use. It’s a standalone browser and a codebase that anybody can modify, compile and launch based on their very own will. Whereas uncooked Chromium is protected, some modified variations of Chromium on the web comprise adware or malware. Fret not as a result of you possibly can uninstall these modified Chromium browser variants on Home windows PCs.
If you happen to set up Chromium manually, there isn’t any want to fret. Nonetheless, if you happen to see Chromium put in in your system, don’t bear in mind putting in it, and Chromium gained’t uninstall, you would possibly run into points. Undesirable Chromium variations might include third-party purposes which you could set up from the web. Right here’s the best way to uninstall undesirable Chromium browser variants.
Uninstall undesirable Chromium browsers
Relying upon the severity of modifications, it may be a activity to uninstall the Chromium browser out of your Home windows machine. Uninstalling Chromium can show to be tougher than uninstalling Microsoft Edge. Likewise, this Windows guide will provide help to take away the undesirable browser out of your PC.
Technique 1: Uninstall by way of Management Panel
It’s potential that the modified model of the Chromium browser has an uninstall entry. Use the Management Panel to uninstall Chromium browser.
1. From the Begin Menu, open the Management Panel. From the house web page, click on on “Uninstall a program” beneath the Applications tab.
2. From the record of packages, discover the “Chromium” entry and right-click on it. Click on on the Uninstall possibility from the record.
3. Lastly, observe the on-screen directions to uninstall the Chromium Browser.
Notice: You may additionally need to uninstall any suspicious third-party purposes you latterly put in in your pc for optimum security.
Technique 2: Uninstall Chromium browser by way of third-party software program
If you happen to don’t handle to uninstall the browser from the Management Panel, you too can use third-party utility uninstallers to take away the undesirable software program. Likewise, let’s take a look at a repair in case your Chromium gained’t uninstall.
1. Firstly, set up IObit Uninstaller by downloading it from this link.
2. As soon as put in, discover and choose Chromium from the record of purposes.
3. Then, click on on the Uninstall button to start uninstalling Chromium Browser.
Technique 3: Take away Chromium app information manually
If you happen to can’t uninstall the undesirable Chromium browser, you possibly can actually take away the app’s related recordsdata. To take action, observe the next steps:
1. First, right-click on the Begin Menu icon and open the Job Supervisor.
2. From the Processes tab, you possibly can determine the Chromium course of working.
3. Proper-click on any Chromium course of and choose the “Open file location” possibility.
4. A folder containing the malicious Chromium browser recordsdata will open. Finish the method from the Job Supervisor and delete your entire folder to take away the undesirable Chromium Browser.
Technique 4: Utilizing MalwareBytes to take away malware
Lastly, if every little thing fails, you possibly can depend on MalwareBytes. A program is a robust software that scans and removes undesirable malware and utility information out of your Home windows PC. Likewise, observe the steps under to uninstall the undesirable Chromium browser.
1. Obtain and set up MalwareBytes from their website.
2. As soon as the set up is full, open the MalwareBytes app.
3. Then, click on on the blue “Scan” button on the display to start a system-wide scan. Please look ahead to the method to be accomplished.
4. Lastly, evaluation the detected malware and adware in your system and take away them. Additionally, restart your PC to see the impact.
This concludes the a number of strategy of uninstalling any undesirable Chromium browser variants in your PC. It’s important that you just set up third-party software program with excessive care and consciousness, otherwise you would possibly find yourself with a malware-affected Home windows machine.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Is Chromium a virus/malware?
The precise uncooked Chromium browser is a totally protected browser. Nonetheless, anybody can modify it (as a result of it’s open-sourced) to inject malware to create an internet browser with viruses.
How did Chromium get on my PC?
If you happen to don’t set up Chromium manually, it should most likely include third-party software program that you just put in from the web. Bear in mind whereas putting in any purposes from the web.