Final week, Apple rolled out the iOS 14 replace with several big features. One which has taken iPhone customers by storm is the introduction of iOS 14 House display widgets.
The brand new characteristic permits customers to position widgets on the house display. iOS 14 widgets are available in three completely different sizes and will be positioned anyplace on the house display.
For the reason that launch of iOS 14, app builders have been repeatedly working to deliver house display widgets for his or her respective apps. iPhone customers, within the meantime, have taken it upon themselves to take advantage of out of the House display widgets characteristic with the assistance of Widgetsmith.
How one can customise iOS 14 widgets?
Widgetsmith is a free app on the App Store by means of which customers can add several types of widgets to their iOS 14 house display, change the scale, and even stylize the widgets.
The iOS app bundles widgets to indicate time, calendar, reminders, climate (paid), well being, tides (paid), and astronomy. It additionally has the choice to create customized widgets to show images, textual content, or go away it clean with a strong shade.
How one can use WidgetSmith?
- Open the app and choose the scale of the widget (small, medium, and huge)
- Faucet on the Default Widget field
- Choose the type (date, time, customized, and so on). Right here you’ll be able to change the font, tint shade, and background shade.
- Go to the earlier display and faucet on the Save button
- On the house display, long-press on an empty space and faucet on the ‘+’ button
- Scroll down and faucet on “WidgetSmith”
- Select the identical widget measurement and faucet on “Add Widgets”
- Faucet Performed
- Lengthy-press the widget and faucet on “Edit Widget” to vary the type
How one can customise iOS 14 app icons?
If you happen to check out the #ios14homescreen Twitter development, you’ll discover that it’s not simply widgets, iPhone customers have additionally personalized the app icons as properly.
For the primary time, iOS customers have managed to deliver Android degree customization on their house display thanks to those two options. Right here’s change the look of app icons on iOS 14 house display —
- Open the Shortcuts app (App Store)
- Faucet on the ‘+’ icon to create a brand new shortcut
- Faucet on “Add Motion”
- Seek for “Open App” and faucet on the motion
- Faucet “Select” and choose the app you need to stylize
- Faucet on the triple dot icon
- Faucet on “Add to House Display”
- Use the app identify as Shortcut’s identify. Faucet on the shortcut’s icon below the House display identify and icon
- Select a photograph for the shortcut
- Faucet on Add
Altering icons on iOS 14 is a protracted and tedious course of. If you’re up for it, don’t neglect to share your personalized house display screenshot within the remark part beneath.