Quick Bytes: This text describes the steps to schedule a Shutdown command for Home windows OS. Have a look.
The very first process we learnt was to Flip ON and Shutdown Home windows after we have been children, and typically we felt the necessity to shut down Home windows after a specified time in case of an emergency or resulting from another cause, however couldn’t discover a manner to take action.
On this article we’ve described a step-by-step course of to schedule a shutdown command for Home windows OS. This methodology has been examined on Home windows 10 & Home windows 7, hopefully it’ll work on different variations too.
It is suggested to learn all of the steps fastidiously earlier than implementing them.
Listed here are steps:
- Go to your Desktop.
- Proper click on -> New -> Shortcut. A brand new window will open, asking the situation for the shortcut.
- Now, you want to recall your major math ideas.
- We have now,
1 minute = 60 seconds
1 hour = 60 minutes*60 = 3600 seconds
- After you’ve efficiently recalled the conversion of minutes to seconds. Kind, shutdown –s –t 60 within the textual content discipline under ‘Kind the situation of this merchandise’.
- The quantity 60 written within the above command stands for seconds, so sort the variety of seconds after which you need to schedule a shutdown. For instance, we examined it to close down after 1 minute (60), and it labored efficiently.
- Click on Subsequent, once you’re carried out typing the command.
- Within the subsequent step, identify the file Shutdown.exe. You possibly can identify it no matter you want, however don’t neglect so as to add ‘.exe’ on the finish of the file identify.
- Click on End and also you’re carried out.
- Now, simply double-click the Shutdown.exe file created in your desktop every time you want to schedule a shutdown after a minute hole.
This can be a one-time course of and also you don’t have to repeat it once more. Simply double-click ‘Shutdown.exe’ and go away the remainder to your Home windows PC.
Additionally Learn: Use the New Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts in Command Prompt
For those who really feel the necessity to change the time restrict, simply delete the present ‘Shutdown.exe’ and create a brand new one with a distinct time restrict, following the above steps. You possibly can preserve the present file additionally, simply select one other identify for the following file you create.
And it’s solely your duty if something goes fallacious together with your PC. No offence please.