When a number of individuals take part in a web-based dialog, there are elevated possibilities for miscommunication. There might be misunderstandings and confusion arising from all of their messages concurrently. Consequently, it may be arduous to determine which message is meant for whom. On this article, we’ll let you know how one can reply to a selected Slack message to keep away from such situations.
This tremendous helpful function overcomes the aforementioned communication barrier by making a reply thread beneath a selected message. So long as you’re referring to one thing that stems out of a sure message, chances are you’ll proceed to make use of their reply thread.
When ought to I reply to a message straight?
There’s little doubt that Slack channels are a good way for a number of customers to return collectively for a typical objective. Nonetheless, you may invite a string of messages one after one other. In that case, having the ability to reply to a selected message comes as an enormous assist.
Even once you’re engaged in a one-on-one Slack dialog, there are situations the place you would possibly need to discuss or spotlight one thing talked about earlier within the chat. Right here once more, you should utilize direct message replies to your profit.
Steps to answer to a selected message in Slack
Replying to a Slack message on desktop
- Within the desktop app, click on on any Slack dialog to see its messages.
- Hover the cursor over the specified message and click on on the Reply in thread button (chat bubble icon).
3. Now, a separate panel will load as much as the appropriate of your display. You need to use its textual content discipline to ship replies to that specific message’s thread.
4. As common, kind in your message and click on on the Ship button.
Replying to a Slack message on cellular
- Within the cellular app, faucet on a dialog to see its messages.
- Faucet and maintain the specified message till a menu pops up.
- From the menu, choose Reply in thread.
4. Subsequent, kind in your message and hit the Ship button.
Replying in a message thread could make Slack conversations a lot clearer and extra productive. Due to this fact, this function overcomes obstacles and facilitates communication on Slack.