OxygenOS from OnePlus is called one of many cleanest and near-to-stock Android skins out there on the market. OnePlus takes monumental satisfaction within the consumer expertise its smartphone provides, owing to OxygenOS. One of many highlighting options of OxygenOS is that there is no such thing as a bloatware, an issue persistent in different Android skins, together with Xiaomi’s MIUI, Huawei’s EMUI, and Samsung’s OneUI.
Nevertheless, issues are altering at a swift tempo, and OnePlus is hellbent on including bloatware to its latest smartphones. OnePlus has added bloatware apps, together with Fb and Netflix, to its OnePlus Nord and OnePlus 8 Collection. Customers can’t uninstall bloatware on these units. Even when among the apps might be uninstalled, providers from Fb-owned apps, together with Fb, Instagram, and Messenger, run within the background.
Additionally Learn: How to Remove Bloatware From Android Devices?
In the event you personal an OnePlus 8/ 8 Professional or OnePlus Nord and wish to take away the Fb bloatware from OxygenOS, right here is one thing that will help you.
The way to take away Fb bloatware from OnePlus Nord or OnePlus 8/8 Professional?
1. Allow “Developer” choices
- Go to Settings > About Telephone and seek for Construct quantity.
- Faucet on Construct quantity 7 occasions and also you’ll see a message saying “You’re now a developer”
2. Obtain ADB Binary
- Allow USB Debugging system in your smartphone by following the steps mentioned in this article.
- Obtain the ADB Binary from right here relying upon your working system: Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Extract the zip file right into a folder in your PC.
- Join your OnePlus Nord to your PC and alter its USB mode from ‘Cost Solely’ to ‘File switch (MTP) mode’.
- Permit the USB debugging immediate.
- Go to the folder the place you might have extracted the ADB Binary. Maintain Shift and proper click on on the folder display screen and select “Open PowerShell Window right here” from the pop-up menu.
3. Instructions to take away Fb bloatware from OnePlus Nord
- Start by typing in “adb units” and press Enter.
- You’ll now see a quantity and “system” beneath the record of units hooked up
- Kind within the command “adb shell” after which press enter.
Enter the next instructions to take away Fb bloatware:
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.fb.appmanager
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.fb.providers
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.fb.system
After executing these ADB instructions, Fb bloatware can be eliminated out of your OnePlus Nord.
Equally, you may take away Netflix bloatware from OnePlus Nord utilizing the next instructions:
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.netflix.mediaclient
Take word that after receiving an over-the-air (OTA) replace, you will have to carry out the above actions once more as an OTA replace will restore the ‘uninstallable’ Fb bloatware and different pre-installed apps.
Additionally, you may take a look at our article on how to remove bloatware from Windows with straightforward to observe steps.