A Slack workspace is an on a regular basis factor for organizations that use the favored messaging platforms. However as soon as a selected workspace turns into outdated, there’s little use in staying. So, on this information, we are going to present you find out how to go away a Slack workspace.
Usually, your former group’s admin ought to take away you as soon as your tenure is over. Nonetheless, if you happen to haven’t been eliminated but, it’s also possible to do it manually.
To go away a workspace, you have to be logged in to the Slack desktop app. That’s as a result of, presently, it’s not attainable to hold out this course of on the cell app.
What occurs after I go away a Slack workspace?
While you go away a Slack workspace, you deactivate your account for that individual group. This implies you’ll not obtain notifications or alerts from that workspace. Nonetheless, your profile info, messages, and information shared within the workspace won’t go wherever. Additionally, the apps put in utilizing your account can be disabled for that workspace till enabled once more by the admin.
It’s necessary to notice that workspace admins might want to switch possession to a different person earlier than they’ll go away the Slack workspace.
Steps to depart a Slack workspace
- Within the Slack desktop app, click on in your profile image within the top-right nook.
2. Within the profile image choices, choose “Profile.”
3. Click on on the vertical ellipsis button and select “Account settings.” (Word: This motion will open Slack in your browser.)
4. Now, scroll down on Slack’s web site and click on “Deactivate your account.”
5. Enter your password and click on on “Verify Password” to proceed.
6. When prompted, choose “Sure, deactivate my account.”
7. Lastly, verify the field subsequent to “Sure, I need to deactivate my account” and click on on “Deactivate my account.”
That’s it! After following these steps, you should have left your outdated Slack workspace. Meaning no extra irrelevant notifications anymore. If you’re taken with extra Slack ideas, try our dedicated section.