Did you simply change your division with one other one? Don’t thoughts me sounding a bit nosy, however in such a case, you may need to depart the Slack channels you now not have something to do with. You’d be higher off and targeted in your current position when you unsubscribe to an outdated or irrelevant channel.
Leaving a channel would imply which you can now not submit something on that channel, and also you gained’t have the ability to view any of its messages both. So, it is best to solely do that if in case you have nothing to contribute to that channel. Additionally, as soon as you allow an irrelevant channel, you gained’t be pestered by its notifications.
Beneath, we present you find out how to depart a Slack channel in only a minute. We’ve got coated the process on each the desktop app in addition to the cellular app.
Steps to go away a Slack channel
Leaving a Slack channel on desktop
- Choose the specified channel from the left column within the Slack desktop app.
2. Click on on the channel title button.
3. From the menu, choose “Depart a channel.”
4. Whenever you see a immediate, click on “Depart Channel” to substantiate your choice.
Leaving Slack channel on cellular
- Launch the Slack cellular app and choose the specified channel within the Dwelling tab.
2. Faucet on the channel title on the prime.
3. On the subsequent display screen, scroll down and eventually faucet on “Depart.”
4. When prompted, press the “LEAVE” button to substantiate your choice.
By now, it’s fairly evident that leaving a Slack channel is as simple. Nonetheless, the identical can’t be stated about while you need to delete your entire Slack account. For extra related how-tos, try our dedicated guide.