A number of apps seem unsupported while you open the Google Play Retailer in your Chromebook. One in every of them is Slack. On this article, let’s take a look at putting in Slack Desktop on a Chromebook.
Over the previous few years, Chromebooks have grow to be potent gadgets, due to the addition of the Google Play Retailer and a Linux container. There’s nothing you may’t do on Chromebooks besides desktop-level gaming; nonetheless, assist for Steam and Proton Compatibility layer ought to make Chromebooks appropriate for gaming quickly.
How do I set up Slack Desktop on Chromebook?
1. To put in Slack Desktop, you’ll first must allow Linux. Here’s how to enable Linux on Chromebook.
2. Subsequent, you’ll must allow Flatpak in Linux. You may seek advice from our “How to install Firefox on Chromebook” article.
3. As soon as Flatpak is enabled, enter the next command to start out downloading and putting in Slack.
sudo flatpak set up slack
4. You’ll be prompted a number of instances to press “Y.” Do it, and also you’ll have Slack put in very quickly.
5. Since we’re putting in a Linux model of Slack, you’ll want to put in a browser in Linux like Microsoft Edge to check in to Slack (since Slack opens a sign-in popup within the default browser). To put in the identical, use the next command, or comply with our comprehensive guide.
sudo flatpak set up edge
6. As soon as carried out, head over to the app menu and open Microsoft Edge.
7. On Slack, right-click on the “Signal-in to Slack” button and replica the hyperlink.
8. Open Microsoft Edge, paste the hyperlink into the handle bar, and hit enter.
9. Enter the e-mail on which you’ve got your Slack workspace.
10. Enter the six-digit code out of your e mail and click on on sign-in.
11. Choose the workspaces you need to check in to.
12. As soon as carried out, click on on “Open” and click on on “Open” once more within the popup.
13. Swap to the Slack app, and it is best to see your Workspaces.
Should you suppose the method is means too lengthy, you need to use sign-in to Slack on Chrome. After enabling notifications, the app’s internet model will operate and look precisely just like the app after enabling notifications.
And that’s how one can set up Slack on Chromebook. What are your ideas on this? Do you suppose Slack must be made accessible on the Google Play Retailer or have a standalone model for Chromebooks? Tell us within the feedback part under.