With the rise in reputation of sport streaming, the recognition of sport broadcasting software program has skyrocketed. Whereas there are lots of sport broadcasting and streaming software program on the market, most are both paid or aren’t that nice. However, the open-source neighborhood has the reply to this.
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software program) is a free and feature-rich open-source reside streaming and recording software program widespread among the many plenty. On this article, let’s have a look at methods to set up OBS Studio on Linux.
Set up OBS Studio On Ubuntu Linux
Putting in OBS Studio on Ubuntu is fairly straightforward and simple. All it’s essential do is:
1. First, we have to set up FFmpeg. For starters, FFmpeg consists of a giant assortment of libraries and packages to deal with video, audio, and different multimedia recordsdata. To put in FFmpeg, open the command immediate, enter the next command, and hit enter.
sudo apt set up ffmpeg
2. Now, it’s time so as to add the obs repository.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio
3. Lastly, set up OBS Studio utilizing the command.
sudo apt set up obs-studio
Set up OBS Studio On Arch/Arch-Primarily based Distributions
The simplest method to set up OBS Studio on Arch is by utilizing the default package deal supervisor Pacman.
sudo pacman -S obs-studio
Set up OBS Studio On Fedora
1. You’ll have to obtain the most recent model of rpmfusion-free-release-stable from this link.
2. Set up rpmfusion-free-release-stable utilizing the next command.
sudo rpm -Uvh rpmfusion-free-release-stable*rpm
3. Lastly, set up OBS Studio
sudo dnf set up obs-studio-libs
Set up OBS Studio On CentOS
1. Obtain the most recent nux-desktop-release from this link and set up it utilizing the next command.
sudo rpm -Uvh nux-desktop-release*rpm
2. Set up OBS Studio
sudo yum set up obs-studio
Set up OBS Studio Utilizing Snap Retailer
Irrespective of which Linux distro you’re working, Snap Retailer is the one-stop resolution for all of your software program wants. Downloading and putting in Snap Retailer can also be fairly straightforward.
1. Head over to snapcraft.io/snap-store.
2. Scroll all the way in which down to search out the “Set up Snap Retailer on Your Linux Distribution” part.
3. From the distros listing, discover the distro that you just’re working and click on on it. For instance, right here’s how one can allow snap and set up the Snap retailer on Linux.
4. The subsequent factor that you just’ll see is set up directions for putting in Snap Retailer in your PC. Be sure you observe every of them.
5. After the set up’s full, discover the Snap Retailer app in your apps listing and launch it.
6. Seek for OBS Studio within the search field.
7. Click on on the set up button to put in it.
That stated, not every bit of software program is made excellent, and snaps are not at all excellent as they do have some heavy caveats.
Would you like us to check Snap with different package deal managers? Tell us within the feedback part under.
Having hassle putting in OBS Studio? Drop a remark under.