In terms of searching the online, you need to use Chrome on a Chromebook and name it a day. Nevertheless, in the event you’re somebody who doesn’t like Chrome, however one thing else like Mozilla Firefox, on this article, let’s have a look at easy methods to set up Firefox on Chromebook.
There are two methods to put in Firefox on Chromebook — utilizing the Firefox Android app or utilizing the Firefox Flatpak on Linux. We advocate putting in the latter since you missed out on Firefox extensions on the Android app.
Set up Firefox on Chromebook
To put in Firefox in your Chromebook, comply with these steps:
1. Enable Linux support on your Chromebook by heading over to Settings > Superior > Builders > Linux Growth Setting.
2. Open Chrome and press the important thing mixtures Ctrl+Alt+T to open Crosh (Chrome OS Developer Shell).
vsh termina and hit enter.
4. Then kind
lxc config set penguin safety.nesting true and hit enter. This can be a essential step in direction of enabling Flatpak on Chrome OS.
5. Reboot your Chromebook and open the Terminal app.
6. Copy and paste the next instructions to replace the repositories and packages.
sudo apt replace && sudo apt improve
7. Set up Flatpak utilizing apt. The command for doing the identical could be.
sudo apt set up flatpak
8. As soon as Flatpak’s finished putting in, kind the next command within the Terminal and hit enter.
sudo flatpak set up firefox
9. You’ll have to undergo a couple of prompts earlier than putting in Firefox. You could press enter till you see the set up progress bar.
10. As soon as the set up’s full, you’ll find the Firefox app within the Linux apps part within the app menu. The primary launch would possibly take some time.
10. That’s how one can set up Firefox on Chromebook.
Set up Firefox on Chromebook utilizing Google Play Retailer
1. Open the app menu and open the Google Play Retailer.
2. Within the search bar, kind “Firefox” and hit enter.
3. Click on on the Set up button on the primary search outcome.
4. As soon as finished, you may launch it instantly from the Play Retailer or open the app menu and click on on the Firefox icon.
In case you’re an intermediate Linux consumer, you possibly can additionally attempt putting in Bottles through Flatpak to run Firefox for Home windows (the firefox.exe file) utilizing Wine. We’ll not be digging into the identical because it could be complicated and laborious to comply with for newcomers.
And, ofcourse, Firefox will not be the tip in terms of browsers for Chrome OS. You too can attempt putting in the newest Microsoft Edge browser with out putting in Flatpak or utilizing the Terminal app.
All that you must do is head over to the downloads page of Microsoft Edge and obtain the “.deb” file for Linux. Double-clicking the file will provoke the set up course of, and also you’ll have Edge put in in your Chromebook very quickly.
What’s your favourite browser? Tell us within the feedback part under.