DirectX is a vital software program program that optimizes the multimedia expertise on Home windows computer systems. For a lot of graphics-heavy purposes, particularly video games, it’s a prerequisite.
By default, each Home windows OS comes with its model of DirectX put in. Nevertheless, there are occasions when updating or re-installing the software program could be wanted to repair particular errors.
Under, we will inform you find out how to obtain, set up, and uninstall DirectX. Furthermore, we additionally give an perception into numerous DirectX variations and their compatibility with completely different OSes.
How do I obtain and set up DirectX?
- Go to the official DirectX obtain web page.
- Select your language from the dropdown choice and click on on “Obtain.”
3. After the obtain finishes, open the file.
Notice: If you happen to obtain a immediate saying, “Do you need to enable the app to make adjustments to your gadget?” click on on “Sure.”
4. In a brand new window, settle for the settlement and click on on “Subsequent.”
5. Uncheck “Set up the Bing Bar” and click on on “Subsequent.”
6. The setup will establish the DirectX parts your system may require. Click on on “Subsequent” to proceed.
7. As soon as the set up progress completes efficiently, click on on “End.”
DirectX Variations & Compatibility
In case you’re questioning which model of DirectX is supported by your present Home windows OS, this desk ought to assist clear the air. Whereas Home windows 10 is backward-compatible with each DirectX model that got here earlier than it, the older Home windows variations are solely appropriate with particular DirectX variants.
|DirectX Model||Appropriate OS|
|DirectX 12||Home windows 10|
|DirectX 11.4 & 11.3||Home windows 10|
|DirectX 11.2||Home windows 10, 8|
|DirectX 11.1||Home windows 10, 8, 7 (Service Pack 1)|
|DirectX 11||Home windows 10, 8, 7, Vista|
|DirectX 10||Home windows 10, 8, 7, Vista|
|DirectX 9||Home windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP|
How do I uninstall DirectX?
You will need to observe that uninstalling a sure problematic DirectX model can assist repair some current errors. When you can’t uninstall DirectX within the conventional sense, i.e., fully rid your system of this system, you may nonetheless roll again from a more recent model to an older model that labored with no hitch. For these of you who need to uninstall DirectX for one purpose, right here is find out how to go about it on Home windows 10.
- Click on on the Begin button and choose Settings (gear icon).
2. Within the Settings menu, kind in “restoration” within the search field and choose the corresponding alternative.
3. Click on on “Open System Restore.”
4. Within the System Restore window, hit “Subsequent.”
5. Choose your most popular restore level the place you hadn’t but put in the present DirectX model and click on on “Subsequent.”
6. Click on on “End” to verify your choice.
How do I manually set up DirectX 11?
To manually set up DirectX 11, it’s worthwhile to obtain the installer from Microsoft’s official web site and launch the identical.
How do you replace DirectX?
DirectX will be up to date merely by Home windows Replace. Simply go to “Begin > Settings > Replace & Safety > Home windows Replace” and click on on “Verify for updates.”