If we ask which working system has grown immensely within the final two years, your reply would in all probability be Home windows or macOS. However what if we instructed you it’s neither of them however Chrome OS? It shouldn’t come as a shock, however as a result of COVID-19 pandemic, Chromebooks witnessed a whopping 275% YoY progress in 2021.
What makes Chrome OS particular is its ease of use for college kids and seasoned Home windows customers. It’s quick, gentle, and environment friendly. In case your pc has just lately began giving up on you and runs gradual due to Home windows, you may attempt Chrome OS Flex, which might be put in on most PCs. On this article, let’s take a look at methods to set up Chrome OS on any pc.
Vital! Putting in Chrome OS on a PC will delete all of your knowledge. Therefore, ensure that to backup all vital information earlier than continuing.
A number of issues to recollect earlier than putting in ChromeOS Flex
One of many points with ChromeOS, on the time of writing this text, is compatibility. Whereas I might set up it on my HP Envy x360, the OS didn’t boot on my PC with NVIDIA graphics. Moreover, ChromeOS Flex has no Android app assist, which is a big bummer.
One of many different enormous dealbreakers is that you simply can’t set up ChromeOS Flex alongside different working methods. Nonetheless, Google has mentioned that the majority of those components shall be addressed sooner or later variations of ChromeOS Flex. So, fingers crossed.
Easy methods to set up ChromeOS Flex On Any PC
In contrast to different OSes that may be put in immediately onto the USB utilizing flashing instruments, ChromeOS Flex has its flashing instrument referred to as Chromebook Restoration Utility.
- A 16GB USB flash drive
- A PC that launched after 2010
- 4GB RAM
- 16GB Inside storage
- A 64-bit processor
- Persistence (An important factor).
Getting ChromeOS Flex on USB
1. Plug the USB flash drive into your laptop computer.
2. Open your browser, head over to Chrome extensions, and set up the Chromebook Restoration Utility.
3. As soon as put in, go to extensions and click on on the Chromebook Restoration Utility to open it.
4. Click on “Get Began” and “Choose a mannequin from the record.”
5. Within the “Choose Producer” dropdown, choose Google ChromeOS Flex, and within the “Choose a product” dropdown, choose ChromeOS Flex.
6. From the dropdown, choose your USB flash drive.
7. Lastly, click on on Create Now to start out the flashing course of.
8. As soon as carried out, your bootable ChromeOS Flex media must be prepared.
Putting in ChromeOS Flex
1. Shut down your PC.
2. Disable Safe Boot by heading to the BIOS. To take action, confer with the Allow Safe Boot And TPM In BIOS Settings part of our “How To Fix TPM 2.0 Error When Installing Windows 11?” article.
3. Save settings and energy on the PC as soon as once more
4. Use the Operate keys to get into the “Boot order” menu.
The perform key to get into the boot order menu differs from producer to producer. These are generally Esc, F2, F10, or F12. Therefore, ensure that to do a fast Google search “Boot order perform key on <producer’s title>” earlier than continuing.
5. From the boot menu, choose your USB stick and hit enter.
6. You need to see the ChromeOS Flex boot display, and the PC ought to boot into ChromeOS.
7. Navigate via the setup course of till you attain the display the place you see the choices “Set up ChromeOS Flex” and “Attempt it First.”
8. Select the “Set up ChromeOS Flex” possibility.
9. Contemplating that your Harddrive has no important information, click on on Set up ChromeOS, and the set up course of ought to provoke.
10. Await 10-Half-hour because the set up pace is determined by your PC’s processing energy.
11. As soon as put in, ChromeOS ought to immediate you to restart your PC. After the restart, you’ll have your contemporary set up of ChromeOS Flex prepared! Voila! You’ve carried out it—time to pat your self on the again.
And that’s how one can set up ChromeOS Flex on most elderly PCs. What are your ideas on the identical? Tell us within the feedback part beneath.