The brand new M1 iMacs are coming with a brand new Howdy Screensaver impressed by the primary Macintosh.
In case you are in awe of the brand new display screen saver however don’t have the M1 iMac, fortunately, there’s a solution to get the iMac Howdy screensaver in your older Mac.
It really works on just about each Mac mannequin, so long as the machine is working the newest macOS 11.3 replace. If you happen to haven’t up to date your machine already, go to System Preferences > Software program Replace > Set up the brand new replace.
How To Get iMac’s Howdy Screensaver On Your Mac?
The brand new screensaver is accessible on all Macs; nonetheless, it’s hidden for individuals working older Mac fashions. Right here’s how one can allow the Howdy screensaver in your macOS machine:
1. Open the Finder window.
2. On the menu bar on the high, click on on Go and choose Go To Folder.
3. Copy and paste the next path and click on on Go — /System/Library/Display Savers/
4. Find the Howdy.saver file and drag it to Desktop on the sidebar on the left. Now, rename the copied file.
6. Double click on on the file to put in the Howdy screensaver. You’ll have to enter your Mac password in an effort to proceed.
7. As soon as the display screen saver is put in, go to System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver > Find the brand new Howdy display screen saver and choose it.
Vola! You might have efficiently put in the Howdy screensaver in your Macbook. Whereas selecting the Howdy screensaver, you possibly can tweak its shade and set it to show Howdy in a number of languages.
Now you can delete the copy of the Howdy wallpaper in your Desktop. If you wish to take away the wallpaper from the Screensaver part, merely proper click on on it and choose Present in Finder. As soon as you might be there, delete the file. Nonetheless, should you don’t plan on utilizing it, you possibly can merely depart it there.