macOS Monterey makes it simpler to erase all of your knowledge, however there’s a catch. The brand new macOS has an “Erase all content material and settings” possibility, however it’s only accessible for 2017 or newer Macs that include the T2 safety chip.
That is so as a result of macOS Monterey resets your Mac by destroying the encryption keys and eliminating the information within the course of. The brand new possibility permits you to signal out out of your Apple ID, delete your Contact ID knowledge, unpairs all equipment, delete Apple pockets knowledge, and take away the Discover My & Activation lock. In different phrases, you’ll be able to manufacturing facility reset your Mac with out the trouble.
Methods to erase Content material & the Setting On Mac
Professional Tip: Bacokay up your knowledge utilizing a Time Machine so as to restore it if you’d like. As soon as that’s performed, comply with these easy steps to erase all content material and settings out of your Mac.
1. Click on on the Apple icon within the top-left nook and go to System Preferences
2. When the System Preferences dashboard opens, click on on System Preferences from the prime menu bar and choose Erase All Content material and Settings
3. An Erase Assistant pop-up will seem. Enter your Mac password and click on on okay
4. You’ll get one other message telling you all of the content material that can be erased out of your Mac. Examine if there’s one thing vital you wish to again up after which hit proceed.
5. Your Mac will shut all apps and ask you to signal out of your iCloud account. As soon as that’s performed, your Mac will erase all content material and settings.
As soon as your Mac erases all content material and settings, it could restart greater than as soon as. After the reboot, you’d have efficiently erased your Mac in 5 straightforward steps.
In case you discover this useful, you need to take a look at all the related fast tutorials to grasp your Mac. Try 3 ways to uninstall apps from your Mac, 5 ways to run Windows on your Mac, and a list of macOS default apps to make your Mac experience more seamless.
Additionally, in case you’re new to macOS Monterey, take a look at our record of 16 macOS Monterey features you should try.