Let’s get actual. For at the very least as soon as in our life, we’ve all gone by way of the trouble of looking out across the net to seek out the proper key to Enter as well into BIOS (UEFI for all the brand new of us) settings for us to tinker with. As you will have already discovered, Coming into BIOS utility or accessing UEFI settings requires you to hit a particular key that is dependent upon the OEM of your PC.
Totally different producers assign a particular key (or key mixture) as well into BIOS/UEFI straight. On this article, we hope to offer the potential keys in all PC to enter UEFI or BIOS mode. So, let’s get began —
Particular Keys for all PC manufacturers to Enter BIOS/UEFI
|OEM/Manufacturers||Key to Enter BIOS or Boot into BIOS/UEFI||Units/Fashions|
|ACER||DEL key or F2 Key||Aspire, Predator, Spin, Swift, Extensa, Ferrari, Energy, Altos, TravelMate|
|ASUS||F2 key or Esc||B-Collection, ROG-Collection, Q-Collection, VivoBook, Zen AiO, ZenBook|
|COMPAQ||F10 key||Presario, Prolinea, Deskpro, Systempro, Transportable|
|DELL||F2 key||XPS, Dimension, Inspiron, Latitude, OptiPlex, Precision, Alienware, Vostro|
|HP||ESC key or F10 key or F11 key||EliteBook, ProBook, Professional, OMEN, ENVY, TouchSmart, Vectra, OmniBook, Pill, Stream, ZBook|
|HP PAVILLION||F1 key||Pavilion|
|LENOVO||F1 key or F2 key||ThinkPad, IdeaPad, Yoga, Legion, 3000 Collection, N Collection, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation|
|SAMSUNG||F2 key||Odyssey, Pocket book 5/7/9, ArtPC PULSE, Collection ‘x’ laptops|
|SAMSUNG ULTRABOOK||F10 key||Ultrabook|
|SONY||F1 key or F2 key or F3 key||PCG-Collection, VGN-Collection|
|SONY VAIO||ASSIST BUTTON||VAIO|
|TOSHIBA||F1 key or ESC key||Portégé, Satellite tv for pc, Tecra, Equium|
|TOSHIBA EQUIUM||F12 key||Equium|
Word: Lenovo model additionally makes use of Novo button. When such a delegated button exists, ensure that to strive it if the proven ones fail.
How you can Boot into BIOS/UEFI settings from Home windows 10?
Moreover, When you have Home windows 10 (additionally applies to Home windows 8, Home windows 8.1), issues might be even simpler. You’ll be able to enter Home windows 10 BIOS/UEFI settings even if you’re not sure of what keys are for use. The Superior Startup function may also help you to entry the BIOS menu. You’ll be able to invoke superior startup in two methods:
- Head over to Settings > Replace and Safety > Restoration.
- Below Superior Startup, press Restart.
- Press the home windows button on the left finish of your taskbar.
- Now, within the energy off choices, Maintain the Shift button in your keyboard and press restart.
- Consequently, this may take you to the Superior choices.
Now, navigate to Troubleshoot > Superior Choices > UEFI Firmware Settings. And voila!
How you can boot into USB from UEFI/BIOS?
To start out with, put together the USB bootable media. If you happen to haven’t already, you must take a look at our different articles. For Home windows customers, take a look at find out how to make a bootable USB media using Rufus or creating bootable USB without any tool. If you happen to occur to be utilizing widespread Linux distros like Ubuntu know the simple methods to create bootable USB from ISO in Ubuntu.
- The very first thing to do is to restart or shut down your PC.
- Insert the USB bootable media drive and change on your pc.
- If the default setup in your BIOS or UEFI mode is configured accordingly or in case you have manually achieved the identical, your will PC will robotically boot to the USB when related. If not, proceed to the following step.
- Boot into the BIOS settings utilizing the keys of your particular producer that we confirmed earlier than.
- Search for Boot menu or one thing comparable if that particular tab will not be current.
- Lastly, change the Boot Precedence so that the Detachable USB media is the prior one.
- Moreover, you may straight boot into the USB media if there’s such a operate.
Additionally, do word that if you’re seeking to boot into an Ubuntu USB media ( or any Linux distributions for that matter), disable quick boot choice if obtainable. Furthermore, it’s good to activate the legacy boot mode for a similar trigger. For UEFI/EFI supported trendy gadgets, this may be achieved by disabling secure boot mode.
Enter BIOS/UEFI settings
In order that’s just about about it. Looks like the OEM’s hold bringing increasingly more collection lineups to the desk. Due to this fact, the keys assigned for accessing UEFI or BIOS settings could change for these gadgets. Nonetheless, we hope that this might assist you on the time of want and be at liberty to make use of the remark part under to widen the checklist. Additionally, level out the keys which didn’t assist you to enter BIOS utility as effectively. Cheers!
Additionally Learn: Linux Boots On “Shakti” — India’s First Ever RISC-V Based Silicon Processor