Google just lately launched Android 11 Beta 1 and OnePlus is ensuring its newest OnePlus 8 collection is a part of the Android Beta program, the place non-Pixel gadgets get entry to early builds of the latest Android version.
Saying it on its official forum, OnePlus mentioned it had labored tirelessly to deliver Android 11 Beta to its customers.
Because it’s the primary beta of Android 11, OnePlus has warned that the replace is meant for builders, and common customers ought to chorus from putting in the Android 11 beta replace on their main system owing to doable bugs and dangers concerned.
Nonetheless, if you wish to get Android 11 for OnePlus 8/8 Professional, right here’s what it’s essential do —
Get Android 11 Beta For OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Professional
Listed here are the stipulations for the process:
- Be sure that your system’s battery degree is above 30%
- Take a backup of the info and maintain it in a separate system as all the knowledge shall be LOST within the course of.
- Obtain the next recordsdata in accordance with your system to get Android 11 beta on OnePlus 8 collection:
OnePlus has already warned concerning the points within the Android 11 beta replace for OnePlus 8 and eight Professional. Listed here are the identified points:
- Face Unlock will not be accessible within the Android 11 Beta replace as of now.
- Google Assistant doesn’t work.
- Video calling doesn’t work.
- The consumer interface of some apps is likely to be much less interesting.
- System stability points.
- Some apps would possibly crash at instances and never operate as desired.
- The OnePlus 8 collection provider gadgets (TMO/VZW) aren’t suitable with the Developer Preview builds
Additionally, take a look at our listing of best custom roms for android that you would be able to obtain and set up rapidly.
Android 11 Beta Replace for OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Professional Process
After getting downloaded the recordsdata and brought the backup of your total knowledge, right here’s what it’s essential do:
- Copy the ROM improve storage ZIP file to your telephone’s storage.
- Go to Settings> System> System Updates after which faucet on the choice accessible within the high proper nook of the display.
- Choose ‘Native improve’ after which select the ZIP file you’ve just lately downloaded from the above-given hyperlink.
- Subsequent, click on on the ‘Improve’ choice and wait till the improve is completed 100%.
- As soon as the improve is full, faucet Restart.
NOTE: We want to advise our readers to not try this replace process if in case you have little to no expertise in flashing custom ROM. Chances are high that you just would possibly find yourself bricking up your system.
When you’ve put in Android 11 beta on OnePlus 8 or 8 Professional, you possibly can benefit from the newest options like native display recording, a separate part for conversations within the notification shade, revamped energy menu, and extra. Here’s a full listing of Android 11 Beta features so that you can discuss with.