Did you publish an error in your Slack announcement? Was an inside joke supposed for a workforce colleague mistakenly despatched to administration as a substitute? No worries, there’s nonetheless time to save lots of your blushes. Right here’s a information on easy methods to delete your Slack messages.
In contrast to in another messaging apps, deleting a message in Slack doesn’t notify others. So, in case you are fast sufficient to delete your textual content, no one will discover out what occurred — not even the admins until the message and file retention setting has been configured to “Keep everything,” through which case they’ll observe edits and deletions.
Furthermore, you may solely delete your despatched messages and never anybody else’s, even when it was DMed on to you. One other factor to bear in mind is that if message deletion has been disabled on your workspace, you received’t be capable of delete your messages both.
Steps to delete a Slack message
As apparent, message deletion is a fundamental Slack function, and you’ll delete your messages on each desktop and cellular apps. The next part reveals how one can simply do away with your despatched messages.
Deleting a message on the Slack desktop app
- From the left column, choose the dialog the place you despatched the misguided message.
- Hover your cursor over the specified message and click on on the vertical ellipsis.
3. Click on on “Delete message.”
4. When prompted, click on on Delete once more.
Deleting a message on the Slack cellular app
- Choose the channel or DM from the place you need to delete your message.
- Press and maintain the specified message to view choices.
- Scroll down and faucet on “Delete message.”
4. When prompted, faucet on “Delete” to verify your resolution.
That’s it! These steps spherical up our information on easy methods to delete your Slack messages. When you do that, your messages shall be gone perpetually, and you’ll’t undo this motion. However, the admin would possibly be capable of observe message deletion if message and file retention settings have been configured appropriately.