Customizing your Tech to make it really yours is nothing lower than artwork. Home windows, Linux, and macOS provide you with plenty of methods to customise, however what about Chrome OS? Whereas the OS takes a minimalist strategy within the UI division, the excellent news is that Google has not too long ago added a number of customization options. On this article, let’s take a look at a number of the methods to customise your Chromebook.
In case you’re unaware of the time period “Chromebook,” right here’s what’s a Chromebook, what you are able to do with it, and the way it compares to operating systems like Windows.
Methods to customise a Chromebook
Wallpaper is likely one of the issues that individuals love to vary on their Chromebooks. We’ve a devoted article explaining how to easily change the wallpaper on Chrome OS, which you’ll be able to take a look at. TL;DR, all it’s good to do is right-click in your present Wallpaper> click on on Wallpaper and Fashion and choose from the gathering of wallpapers from Google. You may as well add customized wallpapers or choose a wallpaper instantly from Google Pictures.
Methods to change to Darkish Theme on Chrome OS
Google recently added the ability to have the ability to change to gentle and darkish themes on Chrome OS. Previous to that, the characteristic was buried deep inside Chrome OS Chrome Flags.
1. Proper-click in your present Wallpaper and click on on Wallpaper and Fashion.
2. Within the Wallpaper part under “theme,” click on on Darkish.
3. The UI ought to now change to Darkish mode.
4. You may as well choose “Auto” in order that the theme modifications based mostly in your Wallpaper everytime you change it.
Methods to add Screensaver to Chrome OS
Chrome OS comes with a cool Screensaver choice that shows Climate information and Pictures from Google’s assortment or your Google Pictures. Right here’s the way to allow it.
1. Proper-click the Wallpaper on your property display screen and click on Set Wallpaper and Fashion.
2. Within the Screensaver part, click on “Activate.”
3. As soon as turned on, choose from three animations—Slideshow, Really feel the breeze and Float on by.
4. Beneath the Screensaver animation part, you possibly can change the supply of the pictures and set it to both Google Pictures or Artwork Gallery.
Enabling Shelf Autohide
Chrome OS’s Shelf, AKA Taskbar, accommodates all of the menus to navigate the working system. Nonetheless, there could also be occasions whenever you’d wish to do away with it for good. When you can’t completely get rid, you possibly can set it in order that it autohides whenever you’re not utilizing it.
1. Proper-click on the Shelf.
2. Click on on “Autohide Shelf.”
3. The Shelf will then conceal when your mouse pointer leaves the shelf space.
4. To convey it up, all it’s good to do is hover over its space on the backside.
5. In case you prefer it when it’s at all times seen, right-click on the Shelf once more and click on on All the time Present Shelf.
Change the Shelf place
Talking of Shelf, you too can change its place in the event you don’t like its default place.
1. Proper-click on the Shelf.
2. Hover over Shelf Place.
3. You may choose from three choices—backside, left, and proper.
Customise the Cursor on Chromebook
The customizability on Chrome OS extends to even minor particulars just like the mouse cursor. You may change the cursor’s measurement, coloration, and pace with out problem. To take action, please confer with our complete information on the way to customise the cursor on Chromebooks.
TL;DR, all it’s good to do is head over to Settings > Accessibility > Mouse and Touchpad.
Chromebook customizations don’t cease there
The above choices aren’t the top of the road. In case you’ve used Chrome, you might have heard about “Flags” Chrome OS comes with lots of them, however as a substitute of being restricted to browser-only, like in Chrome on Home windows, flags on Chrome OS lengthen to the OS stage and may have an effect on the general feel and look of the OS; A few of them can even add extra options.
Nonetheless, a lot of the new options are of their alpha and beta levels; Therefore, by enabling them, you could find yourself breaking apart your Chromebook. Subsequently, we advocate not enabling them until you realize what you’re doing.
What are your ideas on Chromebook customizations? Can Google do higher? Tell us within the feedback part under.