Did you lately come throughout an outdated PC? Or perhaps you might have a pass-down laptop computer and wish to test which GPU it has? Nicely, you are able to do that fairly simply on Home windows. Likewise, most fashionable computer systems have built-in or devoted graphics playing cards manufactured by Intel, NVIDIA, or AMD.
GPU is likely one of the core parts of a pc that handles every little thing from drawing in your system to decoding video streams to rendering video games. Furthermore, GPUs are essential to play demanding PC video games, and it’s solely honest that one would wish to know which GPU they’ve. Right here’s tips on how to test which GPU is in your PC.
How do I test GPU on Home windows?
You should use the Job Supervisor and the DirectX Diagnostic Software to test which graphics card exists in your PC. Right here’s how.
Test through Job Supervisor
- First, right-click on the Taskbar and open the Job Supervisor from the context menu.
2. Then, open the Efficiency tab from the highest of the Window. In case you don’t see the Efficiency tab, click on on “Extra particulars” to maximise the Job Supervisor.
3. Additional, a listing of your CPU, RAM, disks, and GPU(s) will seem. Choose GPU 0 to proceed.
4. Lastly, the small print of your graphics card, together with its mannequin, GPU utilization, and temperature, will seem. Equally, yow will discover the small print of your GPU from right here.
Test through DirectX device
Alternatively, you may test your system info, together with GPU particulars, through the DirectX Diagnostic Software. Right here’s tips on how to do the identical.
1. To start with, use the Home windows shortcut Home windows key + R to fireplace up the Run dialog.
2. Subsequent, sort ‘dxdiag‘ (with out quotes) within the Open bar and press Enter.
3. Additional, the DirectX Diagnostic Software will open. Click on on the Show tab to open the GPU data.
Notice: You might need 2 Show tabs or a Show tab and a Render tab individually. This is perhaps as a result of existence of an built-in GPU and a devoted GPU for each.
4. Lastly, test the Identify area within the System part to find out which graphics card is in your PC. It additionally reveals different particulars in regards to the GPU, resembling its Virtual Memory (VRAM), producer, DirectX options, and so on.
All of your GPU particulars are available in each of the strategies above. When you’ve got a number of GPUs, each of them will seem within the Job Supervisor and the device. You can too test for any NVIDIA or AMD GPUs in your PC if there are indicators of NVIDIA Control Panel or Radeon Software program.