After a current replace, Sign lets you change your telephone quantity whereas retaining your previous information simply. Because of this whenever you change to a different quantity, you’ll be able to migrate your present chats, teams, and profile info.
In an official blog post, Sign introduced its account migration function. Earlier, customers must re-register in Sign after shifting to a different quantity. They might additionally lose all their earlier information, which might nonetheless be hooked up to the previous quantity.
To make use of this new replace, ensure you have at the least the Android v5.30.6 or iOS v5.27.1 model of the app. As this alteration is comparatively new, it may not present up for all customers but.
Steps to alter telephone quantity in Sign
The method of adjusting your Sign telephone quantity is kind of straightforward, easy, and easy. Comply with the steps under to finish the account migration to a brand new quantity.
- Within the Sign app, faucet in your profile image within the top-left nook.
- If you happen to’re on iOS, go to “Settings” after which faucet on “Account.” Android customers can merely faucet on “Account.”
- Choose “Change Cellphone Quantity” from the choices.
- Hit “Proceed” to proceed.
- Enter your previous telephone quantity, adopted by your new telephone quantity, and faucet on “Proceed” or “Finished.”
- Press “Change Quantity” to substantiate. (Or faucet on “Edit Quantity” to make modifications.)
- Learn the on-screen directions to register your new quantity.
As soon as you progress to a brand new quantity, your Sign contacts will get a heads-up about this alteration throughout the chat. They will even see an choice to “Replace Contacts” on their telephones.
This new Sign function is an important one for any texting app. Protecting in thoughts that its extra well-liked opponents have already got one thing related, it’s about time Sign customers loved the identical profit.