Google Drive is a large cloud storage service that gives 15 GB of free house throughout Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Pictures. It additionally contains Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, the place you may edit spreadsheets, varieties, shows, paperwork, and many others. and save them within the cloud.
Google additionally has apps for these companies throughout all main platforms. You may flick thru and carry out all file associated operations on Google Drive recordsdata if you end up related to the web. More often than not you don’t even want desktop apps to work in your Google Drive recordsdata, there are a lot of apps which you’ll be able to connect to your Drive.
Nevertheless, you may as well view your Google Drive recordsdata offline. Therefore, you may entry your mandatory knowledge if you end up in a zone with no connectivity. Right here, we’ve outlined the steps it’s essential observe to make your recordsdata out there for offline viewing and enhancing.
How To View Google Drive Information Offline On a Pc?
To view Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides & Drawings offline, it’s essential make them out there for offline viewing first, which would require an web connection initially. Additionally, you will have to make use of Google Chrome to entry this function. Observe these easy steps in your PC:
- Register to Chrome utilizing your Google account.
- Set up the Google Docs Offline extension for Chrome.
- Go to drive.google.com/drive/settings.
- Verify the field within the row marked Offline.
- Now you may entry the recordsdata by merely typing their hyperlink on the handle bar of Chrome or maintain them bookmarked for simple entry.
To sync all of your recordsdata from Google Drive together with your pc, it’s essential set up Backup & Sync for Mac or Home windows from this link. After you’ve put in it:
- Register to the applying utilizing your Google account.
- Select the recordsdata you need to backup in Drive. Uncheck all of the folders when you don’t need to sync any recordsdata from PC to your Drive.
- Select the folders from MyDrive you need for offline viewing.
By default, your recordsdata will likely be out there in C:/Customers/Admin/Google Drive, however you may change the placement of recordsdata earlier than backup.
To know extra about backing up your onerous drive utilizing Google’s Backup And Sync software, you may read our detailed post.
How To View Google Drive Information Offline On Android?
When you aren’t related to the web, you may nonetheless view and edit your docs, sheets, and slides. Nevertheless, it’s a must to open them from their respective Android apps: Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
To entry recordsdata from Google Drive offline, you’ll have to be related to the web initially. Open your Google Drive app and navigate to the folder you need to entry offline.
- Faucet the three-dot menu subsequent to the specified file.
- Faucet on the slider subsequent to Obtainable Offline.
To view the offline recordsdata in your Android, go the respective Google app and faucet Menu> Offline.
How To View Google Drive Information Offline On iOS Gadgets?
You may view and edit Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides offline from their respective iOS apps: Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides. Nevertheless, to entry Google Drive Information offline, it’s essential be related to the web to arrange your recordsdata for offline entry. Open the Google Drive app and go to the file you need to entry offline.
- Faucet on the 3-dot menu subsequent to the file.
- Faucet on the slider marked Obtainable Offline.
To view the recordsdata offline, go to Google Drive, Sheets, Slides or Docs app, and faucet on Menu> Offline.
Did you discover this text on how one can entry Google drive recordsdata offline in your PC, Android or iOS gadget to be useful? Share your views within the feedback.
Additionally Learn: How To Free Up Disk Space In Windows 10 Using OneDrive Files On-Demand?