Chromebooks are not any slouch and are pretty much as good as Home windows and Mac machines when doing regular day-to-day duties. One such process that most individuals do regularly is Zipping and Unzipping information.
Whereas the way in which Chromebooks deal with issues is slightly totally different than what most individuals are used to, they’ve a steep studying curve. Should you’re new to Chromebooks, on this article, take a look at easy methods to zip and unzip information on the Chromebook.
How one can Zip & Unzip on a Chromebook?
Right here’s easy methods to zip and unzip information on a Chromebook.
1. Open the information app from the app menu.
2. Head over to the placement of the information that you just wish to zip.
3. Click on on a file that you just wish to embody within the zip file after which maintain the “Ctrl” key and choose the remaining information you wish to zip.
4. As soon as chosen, click on on the three-dot menu on the highest proper facet of the information app.
5. Lastly, click on on Zip choice to zip all the chosen information in a single zip file.
Chrome OS doesn’t present Home windows or macOS-like shortcuts to extract all of the information to a location immediately from the zip folder. As a substitute, you’ll need to unzip it manually. Right here’s easy methods to do it.
1. Open the information app and head over to the placement of the zipped file.
2. Double-click on the zipped file to get inside it.
3. Choose all of the information, right-click and click on “Copy.”
4. Head over to the placement the place you wish to extract the copied zipped file contents.
5. Right-click once more and click on on “Paste.”
That is how one can zip and unzip information on Linux. Obtained any doubts? Drop them down within the feedback part under.