Having HDR playback in your machine could make a world of distinction in your watching expertise. With audio system pretty much as good as Mac’s, you should know in case your Mac Helps HDR content material.
Whereas all the most recent Macs help HDR content material, you should use this checklist to verify in case your mannequin is suitable as properly. HDR refers to ‘excessive dynamic vary,’ and we’ve additionally accomplished an article on how HDR improves your viewing experience.
Macs that help HDR playback
- MacBook Professional 2018 or later
- MacBook Air 2018 or later (Requires Apple silicon MacBook Air to stream HDR to an exterior show)
- iMac 2020 or later
- Mac Mini 2018 or later
- iMac Professional
- Mac Professional 2019
- Mac Studio
If in case you have any of the above units, you’re in luck, as all of those are HDR-compatible Macs. However if you happen to’re utilizing an older one and need to improve, try our Mac buying guide that can assist you make an knowledgeable alternative.
Methods to know your Mac Mannequin
The above checklist tells you which ones fashions help HDR content material on Mac. So now it’s time to know your Mac mannequin so you may affirm yours is on the checklist.
Methods to verify your Mac mannequin out of your Mac
1. Click on on the Apple icon on the highest left nook of your Mac’s display screen and choose About This Mac.
2. The dialogue field will seem together with your Mac mannequin and serial quantity.
Verify your Mac mannequin by way of Apple ID
1. Go to the Apple ID website and check in together with your Apple ID.
2. Faucet on the Apple ID dropdown menu.
3. Choose Gadgets.
4. Discover and faucet on the Mac mannequin you need to verify.
5. You’ll now see the Mac mannequin and serial quantity.
Methods to stream HDR content material from Mac to exterior show
To start with, solely HDR-compatible Macs can stream HDR content material to an exterior show. To take action, you’ll want an HDR-ready monitor and a suitable cable. Upon getting these, comply with these steps:
1. Go to the Apple icon on the highest left nook of your Mac and choose System preferences.
2. Choose Shows.
3. Select the related exterior show on which you need to stream.
4. Tick the Excessive Dynamic Vary field.
That’s all about learn how to stream HDR content material in your Mac. You can too try our total macOS information to know learn how to effortlessly navigate the macOS waters. For those who discover this tutorial useful, do tell us within the feedback.